"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." -- Julia Child

Monday, December 1, 2008

we all have to eat, right?

so, scott thought i should include a new section in my blog (which i barely ever write in, anymore, but want to). i love to cook and he loves to eat, so our arrangement is working out well for both of us. he suggested i include what i've cooked for the two of us in my blog. we've been together now for a year and i've been cooking for us the entire time. i guess now is a good time to start documenting our culinary relationship.

i don't take cooking lightly. it's serious business. some people go to the gym. some people power clean their house. some people see a shrink.

cooking is my therapy.

i find it cathartic. it clears my mind. i feel a sense of freedom in the kitchen. i love the idea of spreading ingredients out on the counter and taking my knife to the usual suspects....garlic and onions...and watching it become just what i had in mind. just what i craved for that night.

i love nothing more than to prepare and cook a meal. i'll share it all here. it feels good to get it all out.

No comments: