"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." -- Julia Child

Thursday, December 4, 2008

on the menu tonight

today i was at work and daydreaming. it happens a lot. i have a recurring daydream, as well. it's usually paris-related. this time, however, it was merely french-related. and of course it involved food.

when scott and i visited las vegas in april, i booked reservations at l'atelier de joel robuchon inside the mgm grand hotel. i had done serious restaurant research prior to this trip and i had wanted to eat at this fabulous place so badly. i booked us for the tasting menu. it was hands down the most decadent meal i've ever had in a restaurant. but one element of one dish stood out to me that particular night: the puree of cauliflower. it was outstanding.

oddly enough, we had it a second time during our stay in las vegas. this time it was at wolfgang puck's bar and grill where my wonderful friend, dustin lewandowski, is the executive chef.

i decided vegas was on to something besides gambling and extravagant shows. they love their cauliflower puree.

so, today, as i placed an IV catheter in a dog, my mind wandered....what was for dinner tonight?

and it hit me...cauliflower puree.

tonight's menu:
balsamic chicken breasts
cauliflower puree
sauteed green beans with bacon and onions

i hope it turns out as well as my memory.

No comments: