"I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate." -- Julia Child

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

work schmurk

i really don't want to go in today. i just don't. i'm not into it and there's nothing i can do about it. i'd rather sit on my couch or lay in my bed all day today than go in and deal with angry animals and testy doctors. it seems that's all i do all day. i tiptoe around doctors and coworkers that are in bad moods and i get bit and scratched by pissed off kitties and dogs. i get peed on, puked on, shit on, and come home covered in fur. i feel i owe my own pets an explanation...like they think i've been cheating on them; spending time with other animals. i've watched reality shows set in clinics and i always thought a show like that would never work at my clinic. the entire show would end up being a bunch of moaners complaining about their wage versus their workload. i really feel i work in a field (or maybe just a hospital) that doesn't understand how crucial my role is. i work so hard but don't get compensated nearly enough. the place wouldn't run if it weren't for employees in my position.
i feel like i'm getting nowhere.

No comments: